Alaska Child Support

Contacting the Alaska Child Support Division will help parents establish child support in Alaska.

This Alaska child support office will help to establish paternity, locate missing parents, establish a child support order and health coverage orders, enforce child support and disburse child support payments.

Applying For Child Support

Parents can apply for services from the CSSD office by completing an application and submitting an affidavit of child support payments already received. If you already have a child support order established, you can submit this along with your application. If you do not have a child support order, the CSSD office will help you establish one. You do not have to go through the CSSD office in order to obtain child support in Alaska. If you have an agreement with your child’s other parent that is approved by the court, then you can make or collect child support payments according to that agreement. You may wish to consult a lawyer, mediator or family counselor to establish an agreement that is fair to all parties and that protects the welfare of the children.

Calculating Child Support

Alaska Child Support Guidelines are used to determine the amount of child support that is required. These guidelines take into account the financial needs of the children and the financial status of both parents. In Alaska, the non-custodial parentis required to pay twenty percent of his or her income to support one child. After tax deduction, dues from unions, and retirement, you will have what is called an adjusted income. The calculations differ depending upon the number of children involved and the custody status of each child.

Establishing Medical Support
When a child support order is established in Alaska, a provision must be made for the medical coverage of the child. The court will determine which parent is responsible for providing medical coverage based on the availability and cost of health insurance.

Enforcing Alaska Child Support Orders
The Alaska CSSD office can utilize a variety of methods to ensure that child support payments are made. These methods include the automatic withholdings of imcome wages; attaching bank accounts; tax refund interceptions, fund dividends and many other assets; and parents who are delinquent are reported to credit bureaus. As of November 1990, all new or modified child support orders must establish income withholding as the primary method of payment. Alaska’s child support laws allows for an exception to this rule if a good cause is determinedor if there is an alternative agreement between both parents.

Paying Child Support
Child support payments can be made by mail, electronic funds transfer, in person, or via western union.

By Mail:
Child Support Services Division (CSSD)
P.O. Box 102760
Anchorage, AK 99510-2760

By Electronic Funds Transfer
In order to pay child support payments using this method, you must complete and sign an authorization form. On the form you must indicate the amount of the withdrawal and the time of the month that you wish to the withdrawal to be made. Completed authorization forms should be sent along with a voided check or deposit slip to:

Child Support Services Division (CSSD) MS 16
550 W. 7th Ave., Suite 310
Anchorage, AK 99501-6699
Fax number: (907) 787-3189

In Person
Child support payments can be made in person to the Anchorage Customer Service Center from 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday. This office is located on the 3rd floor of the Atwood Building, 550 W. 7th Ave.

Alaska Child Support Fees
The Alaska CSSD office does not charge a fee to apply for child support services.  However, fees are charged to reimburse the state when genetic tests, attorney fees, or special processing fees are accrued. These fees are charged to the parent who is ordered to pay child support.

Alaska Child Support Laws
In the state of Alaska, child support is calculated according to Court Civil Rule 90.3. You can access the details of this document at: Alaska Child Support Court System

Alaska Child Support Offices
Child Support Service Division
550 West 7th Avenue, Ste. 310
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907) 269-6900 or 1 (800) 478-3300
TDD (Hearing/Speech Impaired) line: (907) 269-6894
FAX: (907) 269-6650

Child Support Service Division
Southeast Regional Office
410 Willoughby Ave., Ste. 107
Juneau, AK 99801
(907) 465-5887

Child Support Service Division
Fairbanks Office
675 Seventh Ave., Station J2
Fairbanks, AK 99701
(907) 451-2830

Child Support Service Division
Mat-Su Regional Office
845 Commercial Dr.
Wasilla, AK 99654
(907) 357-3550

Have A Great Story About This Topic?

Do you have a great story about this? Share it!

[ ? ]

Upload 1-4 Pictures or Graphics (optional)[ ? ]


Click here to upload more images (optional)

Author Information (optional)

To receive credit as the author, enter your information below.

(first or full name)

(e.g., City, State, Country)

Submit Your Contribution

 submission guidelines.

(You can preview and edit on the next page)

What Visitors Have Said About Child Support

Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...

Concerned Father for the future of Our Children!! 
Over 9 years ago, you made a decision to allow me to see my son once a year, for the first 4 weeks in August. While that is ok for a father that doesn’t …

Father In WA. State Fighting to get rights back  
First off I will say Im father currently paying off a debt to child support system My child is a adult now, I have been treated like a deadbeat dad with …

I Can't Afford My Child Support 
I make $12.50 an hour. My employee does not allow me to work overtime or anything like that. When the child was 9 years old we, my fiancé and I, found …

Child Support and Joint Custody 
My son and daughter live with their mother(my ex wife) and I havent seen them much since 2003. In January I had spoken with my daughter who was 16 at …

Mother run off with child 
My name is Kyle I'm from Farmington Missouri and I was with a girl for a short period of time and things were going great. I got her a job, out of the …

Children and Divorce 
I am an angry woman. Some will say that I am scorned but what is the real story? I married a seemingly good and kind man who wanted children. He left …

23 year old daughter still paying child support Not rated yet
I have always believed that we should help our children getting a career and have had no problem contributing to my two children now 23 and 20 one living …


Click here to write your own.