Find out how to apply, establish, calculate, enforce, and modify Arizona child support

Arizona child support regulations are governed by the state’s Division of Child Support Enforcement Arizona dcse(DCSE). This office helps both custodial and non-custodial parents to establish, enforce, and collect child support payments. If you, or the non-custodial parent live in Arizona, this page will let you know how to apply for and collect child support payments, or make child support payments.

Applying for Arizona Child Support Services
Arizona DCSE offers child support services to both custodial and non-custodial parents. These services include locating non-custodial parents, establishing paternity, establishing child support orders, and enforcing child support.

Their services are provided automatically for families who are currently receiving assistance under the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program, federally-assisted Foster Care, or Medical Assistance Only programs. People who do not receive federal or state assistance can still receive free services from DCSE by completing an application to request child support enforcement services.

When filling out an application for child support, be prepared to provide as much of the following information as possible: the non-custodial parent’s full name, address, and Social Security number, the names and address of the non-custodial parent’s most-recent employer, information pertaining to the non-custodial parents income and other assets, and the full name and Social Security number for each of the children involved in the case. You may also need to provide the child (ren)’s birth certificate(s), a copy of the court order for child support, and copies of any payment or court records.

Arizona Child Support DCSE Office

Arizona DCSE office works with both custodial and non-custodial parents to establish a court order for child support, if one does not already exist. This is a legal process by which the court determines the monthly amount of money to be paid by the non-custodial parent for the support of the child or by both parents if the child is in the care of foster parents or a guardian.

A court order for child support will also determine who is responsible for the medical support of the child. The DCSE office requires that health insurance coverage be provide for children when establishing child support orders. 

In Arizona, as in most states, the court order for child support is based upon a set of standard child support guidelines established by the state. These guidelines consider such factors as the actual needs of the child(ren) and the finances of both parents. You can view these guidelines at the following location: Arizona Child Support Guidelines

Calculating Arizona Child Support Payments
Arizona uses the child support guidelines adopted by the Arizona Supreme Court in order to ensure that a fair share of each parent's income and resources are given to the child. The amount of support is determined by the needs of the child, the finances of each parent, the amount of visitation with the child(ren), and the incidental costs of child care, medical support, and medical expenses. Instructions and guideline worksheets for calculating the amount of child support owed are available from your local DCSE office.

Enforcing Child Support
Arizona DCSE office has the authority to utilize a number of options for enforcing court ordered child support payments.  These include income withholding; new hire reporting; liens against real and personal property; unemployment and worker’s compensation insurance deductions; driver’s license, professional license, and recreational license suspension; passport denial; federal tax offsets; interception of lottery winnings; credit bureau reporting; and judicial procedures.

Finding A Child Support Lawer

Locating a lawyer has become very simple in this day in age. You can find attorneys by going to There you will be able to present your case and you can choose the lawyers who really want to help you. The services are free and they are confidential Find a Child Support Lawyer Now.

Arizona Child Support Laws
Arizona’s child support regulations were established in 1975 by Title IV-D of the Social Security Act. Arizona’s Child Support Enforcement program is a cooperative effort of federal, state, and local agencies.

Accessing Arizona Child Support Information
As of early 2004, DCSE implanted a new program to allow parents to obtain information about their case. The Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Telephone System updates information about each child support case at the end of each business day.

This system also allows you to access information about your payments and the status of your case without waiting to speak with a customer service agent. The IVR program can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 602-252-4045 or 1-800-882-4151.

Child Support Payments
Arizona Child support payments are handled through the Arizona Centralized State Disbursement Unit (SDU). This unit is Arizona’s centralized agency for collecting and disbursing child support payments. Child support payments are typically processed on the same business day on which they are received and disbursed the following business day.

Modifying Child Support Orders
Arizona DCSE office will review requests from either parent to modify a child support order. The request must be made in writing and it should note a valid reason (such as a major change in the finances or visitation for either parent,) for the modification request. A review will utilize the Arizona Child Support Guidelines to assess the current income of both parties and the typical expenses for the child(ren.) It may take up to six months for the outcome of a child support review to come into effect.

Contact Information for Arizona Child support Division

1. Payment Location:

Arizona State DisbursementUnit
P.O. Box 52107
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2107

2. Overnight Express payments can be sent to:

Arizona State Disbursement Unit
3443 North Central Avenue, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Attention: 1st Floor DCSE Receptionist

3. DCSE Customer Service:

Metro Phoenix/Maricopa County: 602-252-4045
Statewide: 1-800-882-4151
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Mountain Time

Arizona Child Support

Share your child support stories and experiences.

[ ? ]

Upload 1-4 Pictures or Graphics (optional)[ ? ]


Click here to upload more images (optional)

Author Information (optional)

To receive credit as the author, enter your information below.

(first or full name)

(e.g., City, State, Country)

Submit Your Contribution

 submission guidelines.

(You can preview and edit on the next page)

Other Stories Visitors Have Shared.

Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...

Child Support system is broken 
I have a case that originated in AZ, both CP and Ncp have moved to different states. Cp has not filed the CS order as a foriegn judgment in her new state …

The Solution is Simple...So, why doesn't the state do it??? 
I have to agree with most of you in that it's frustrating to raise children knowing that if we didn't provide for them it would be considered abuse/neglect, …

Establishing Child Support 
So my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and a half years we have an 11 month old together and im 5 months pregnant again. Well my boyfriend has …

Arizona and a hole in the ground 
Maybe it's just me... But it seems to me that Arizona has to be the most ass backwards, neophyte run states in the union. How is it that a man gets a paternity …

Using the system to create a dead beat image of father. 
My ex-wife ran off with a co-worker. I found out, told her I wanted divorce. She came home one day, we argued and i grabbed her phone. She wanted it …

Just like all the rest.... 
I am currently a single mom, my daughters "donar" i would like to call now. He left me while i was in my last stages of pregnancy. He ran off with a married …

How can I begin with this? My husband and I met March 2008 and married in April 2009. I did not meet my step-son till December 2008 as my husband was …

Nothing has been done at all! 
My ex husband and I divorced in 2000, he some how got custody of 2 of our 4 kids despite being a drunk, a drug user and having no job. the court oder …

Just not right 
Ok here's my story. My wife ran away before my son was one. for three to four years I couldn't see my son. I moved away to Atlanta. Within a month she …

You tell me how a person is to live on $300 per month? I am not a dead beat dad, I have worked my entire life and became seriously ill a few years ago. …

AZ refuses to explain charges 
In the past, I have had issues with mistakes on my account, and it continues up to this day. A modification of child support made retroactive by the …

Bubba in AZ 
After reading a few entries on this site, and being the non-custodial, child support-paying parent, and from my experience with the child support system, …

Arizona is a joke when it comes to child support 
The state of arizona has no reguard for children and collection child support. We have a court order for $240 a month (no large amount), my child is 16 …

"dead beat father can't even call him a father" 
well let me start off by saying to all you men out there that have kids and have nothing to do with your kids life, u need to pick your balls up and step …

Custodial Parents Are Often the Dead Beat Parents 
My husband has 2 kids from a previous relationship. His ex has never had a job, refuses to get one, her boyfriend supports her and not only is she on …

Why Doesn't Arizona Enforce Child Support 
I get frustrated because my ex is one of these that claims he's self employed, but has no work. He posts pictures of great vacations with the new wife …

A Great Father 
What if you don't make any money? I have been in sales my entire adult life and have "MORE" than supported my daughter. eg.... I was court ordered to pay …

Child support, who is it really supporting?? 
I married the man of my dreams almost 2 years ago, He was divorced with 4 children in Arizona, divorced for a second time with the mother of his children. …

Failed Education System Not rated yet
Looking back at my level of education I feel so mad at myself, my parents, our education system and my churches that so readily gave advice each Sunday. …

The Two children who are suppose to get child support Not rated yet
I am 20 years old and my parents divorced in 1992 (I was 3 and my sister was 2). My mother wanted the divorce because sadly my father wasn’t Americanize. …

No contact, no records, no rights.. Not rated yet
The Arizona Department of Economic Security and the Arizona Attorney General's Office have always represented the custodial parents in all child support …

Click here to write your own.