Arkansas child support is administered under the state’s (OCSE)

Enforcing Arkansas Child Support Orders
State and federal child support laws provide a number of tools and methods that the Arkansas OCSE (Office of Child Support Enforcement)can use to collect child support and enforce child support orders.  The primary method of collecting child support is income withholding, whereby the child support payments are deducted from the non-custodial parent’s paycheck. OCSE can also file property liens; deduct child support from unemployment compensation or worker’s compensation; report child support debts to credit bureaus; suspend driver's, recreational, or professional licenses; seize vehicles or personal property for sale at public auction; intercept income tax refunds or lottery winnings; prepare your case for court action; and petition another state for assistance when needed.

This office falls under the jurisdiction of the Division of Revenue, within the Department of Finance and Administration. The OCSE can help you establish paternity, locate your child’s other parent, apply for and enforce child support orders, and collect and disburse child support payments.

Applying For Child Support
If you are currently receiving state assistance, such as Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) or Foster Care, you will automatically be referred to the OCSE for child support services. In fact, if you do receive state or federal assistance, you are required to cooperate in establishing paternity and collecting child support. These payments are then used to offset your public assistance benefits.

But you do not have to receive public assistance in order to obtain services from OCSE. These services are available to any parent or legal guardian who is interested in child support. You just need to complete and submit a written application through the Department of Human Services.

Applications can be obtained from your local OCSE office, or by calling 501-682-8398. Families who do not receive public assistance must pay a $25 nonrefundable fee in order to process this application and open your case.

In addition, the OCSE office aims to recover at least part of the actual costs of services that it provides to clients that are not in the TEA or Medicaid programs. This includes the cost of legal work done by OCSE attorneys, costs of establishing paternity, and costs of locating a non-custodial parent. Depending upon the case, the costs may be collected from the non-custodial parent or deducted from the child support payment before it is sent to the payee. 

When filling out an application for child support services, be prepared to provide the following information:

1. The non-custodial parent’s full name, address, employer, and Social Security number

2.Information about the non-custodial parent’s income and assets

3. Birth certificate(s) of the child(ren)

4. Your child support order, divorce decree, or separation agreement if you have one

5. Records of any previously paid child support

Get Help Find a Lawyer Now

For help establishing your child support services there are many agencies that are there to help and guide you to the answers that you seek.. You can find attorneys by going to There you will be able to present your case and you can choose the lawyers who really wants to help you. The services are free and they are confidential.Find a Child Support Lawyer Now.

Calculating Arkansas Child Support
The court will determine the amount of child support to be paid based on the needs of the child and the custodial and financial status of each parent. The amount of child support is determined using the Arkansas Supreme Court guidelines that are available at: Arkansas Child Support Judiciary

Collecting and Distributing Arkansas Child Support Payments

Arkansas now requires that all new or modified child support orders mandate the use of income withholding as the method of payment. However, if there is "good cause," the court may make an exception to this rule. To qualify for this exception, you must prove that income withholding would not be in the best interest of your child and that you have made all of your previous payments on time.

Once child support payments are made to the OCSE, they are typically processed on the same day that they are received and credited to the appropriate account the following business day.

Getting Information About Your Arkansas Child Support Case
Custodial parents can obtain information about child support payments from the OCSE’s toll free automated voice response service at (800)-264-2445 either parent can also call, write or email his or her local OCSE caseworker for more information. If you don’t know who your caseworker is, you can call the OCSE Central Office Customer Service at  501-371-5349 or 877-731-3071and they will direct you to the appropriate caseworker for your case.

Reviewing and Modifying Arkansas Child Support Orders
From time to time, a support order may need to be modified due to a change in circumstances or terminated when the child no longer needs support. OCSE can assist with these procedures. If you have a case managed by OCSE, you should request a review in writing to the child support office that you normally contact for assistance. If you do not have a case with OCSE, you will need to consult with the court or a private attorney, or apply for services with OCSE.

Making Child Support Payments

Payments may be made in the following ways:

By Post:
Arkansas Child Support Clearinghouse
PO Box 8124
Little Rock, AR 72203

Have A Great Story About This Topic?

Do you have a great story about this? Share it!

[ ? ]

Upload 1-4 Pictures or Graphics (optional)[ ? ]


Click here to upload more images (optional)

Author Information (optional)

To receive credit as the author, enter your information below.

(first or full name)

(e.g., City, State, Country)

Submit Your Contribution

 submission guidelines.

(You can preview and edit on the next page)

What Visitors Have Said About Child Support

Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...

Frustrated in Arkansas 
I have had nothing but bad experiences with both my daughters mother, and OCSE. First, She doesnt want me to be a part of my daughters life at all. She …

Are you really all about your child(ren) 
I am 28 and have 3 children whom I only recieve child support on 1. My two oldest have the same father and my youngest has another. My x husband went …

Monroe County, PA 
My Fiancee has been paying child support for almost 10 years on his daughter. When the child support order was made it was my fiancee voluntarily agreeing …

Baby Momma Drama... 
Well My fiance' babys momma... is holding the fact that he has moved on and found someone he really wants to be with...ME! And she wont let him see his …

State of Ohio is in it for the money Not rated yet
I am a divorced father of four currently stationed overseas with the military. My ex and I were seperated for about a year before finally getting divorced. …

$24,000 We were together the whole time Wa state Not rated yet
I was ordered to pay support in 1995 for my then 2 year old daughter, I never signed a paternity affidavit, never was served court papers, the process …

Double Negative, looking for a positive..... Not rated yet
1. Kylah Smith (8yrs of age): Kylah's mother and I were married and separated. She claims that there is documentation for a divorce filed and granted …

Fix the broken system Not rated yet
I am the father of 2 wonderful children. About a year ago, my ex met a man online. After I found this out by my oldest daughter asking me "Who is Mommy …

MDK Not rated yet
I have been paying child support for over 13 years. 6 years ago my X complained that the support wasn't enough, even though I also buy clothes, school …

Sob story from a good father Not rated yet
I pay child support for three of my sons. I have three other children who I am trying to support and raise. I have had two previese marragies. Sounds bad …

No Rights to Visitation Not rated yet
Six years ago my Son was informed by his estranged wife at that time (He left her during her thrid affair) that she was pregnant. This would be her first …

Click here to write your own.

Share This Site|Find a lawyer|State Child Support|
|Links |Child Support Laws