Dad with a broken heart

Well my story really begins when my divorce was final in 1997. I tried to see my children shortly after the devorce and my ex would not let me see them. She would hide them from me and only let me see them at times to be around her. I didn't want to be around her because we could not get along. We were devorced in Louisiana and our child custody was there also.

After about a year she ran with the children to Texas where she hid them for six months before I finally found them. She moved in with her mother and step-father who was a known and confessed child molester...he had molested my ex-wives oldes daughter and her neice too in 1994. I had to take her back to court in Texas to try to get my visitation back. Thousands of dollars later I finally got joint custody.

She has tried to get me put in jail every since for back child support. She has hid the children from me so many times and I have to travel from Arkansas where I live to get them. It is 3 and 1/2 hours one way straight through every other weekend plus child support.

What is bad is she handed my daughter over to that child molester and he had his way with her. I found out that he started messing with her at the age of 2. I tried to get cps to do something about it but they said I just have sour grapes. We have 3 children together and court ordered 600 a month plus arrears plus the 200 it costs me to get them, go home and than bring them back on Sunday 2-3 times a month.

My ex would cause trouble for me constantly...and hurt the children constantly. I have taken her to court over all this and they just won't listen to me. The grand jury even had a case against her for all of this but they didn't see fit to prosecute her or even make her appear to answer for it. In 2006 she called cps on me and they came to my house for investigation saying that I abused my daughter.

I haven't seen my daughter since. I had still been paying my support and she was still trying to get me put in jail. I lost my job the end of 2007 and with health problems, as I am now 60 years old, I was unable to pay my child support in 2008 and since then she was able to get criminal charges against me without my knowledge for non-support. I am now facing a felony which they say I have already been convicted of and I didn't even have a trial.

What do I do? I have to turn myself in but I have a wife a 2 children and my business that I started from scratch 2 years ago. I will lose it all and she will get what she always in jail. I guess I'm looking at 6 months to 2 years. And my lawyer says it would be to my advantage to give up all rights to my children. What would you suggest I do?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to California Child Support.