Hardship placed upon Parent!

by Jewell Flaherty
(Spiro, Ok U.S.)

Receive $1,600. pay monthly. Have $350 House payment, $350 Utilities-Gas, Electric, Water, $208 Phone Bill-have to have 2 phones; $50 Internet-Child has a RARE DISEASE-XP, and the Medical professionals do NOT contact via phone; it fills in Info., for everyone involved in the Childs life, including CPS/DHHS! Then there's Auto Insurance and UpkeepA(new tires-$200; have to KEEP A SAFE RIDE?), Groceries-NO FOODSTAMPS, so spend $500. What's that add up to?

My mother, a Homemaker her entire life, a Young widow-NOT old enough to collect my Dads' Social Security, nor SSI, etc. I take care of Her and Her Home as well-her NEEDS. There's NO WANTS for either of us- CAN'T AFFORD it.(Propane, electric-Phone got shut off, couldn't afford)

Dhs Social Worker decides, I CAN PAY: $382.00 Child Support, for my daughter who is in their care. I have the younger child, BACK-still under their Custody. Called "Temporary Placement" as if i were a Fostercare home, with NO $ INVOLVED on my part-I DON'T COLLECT ANYTHING, period, No foodstamps(told I do NOT qualify), No help with Housing, or my needs(I do not qualify). Of course Dhs said, "We don't want to cause any UNDUE HARDSHIP ON YOU". Really?
The $1,600 is BEFORE TAXES!

I could AFFORD $100-150 monthly, not the Original $472.00 Dhs demanded, and got Court papers on. They think they've given me, A DEAL-$382.00. Well, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will LOSE MY HOUSE, I'M BUYING-1st time Homebuyer, moved from an R.V.-TRAVEL TRAILER, LIKE THE Louisiana KATRINA VICTIMS-26 FOOT space to live in, for "3 1/2" years! Could U DO THAT? Would U, to keep Your Family Together?

House Insurance, Property Taxes, Clothing, Hygiene, Laundry, the "list is ENDLESS".


Click here to read or post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support History.