Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement

In cases where the non-custodial parent does not pay the mandatory child support payments, there are several methods that the state can utilize to enforce a child support order. First and foremost, Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement Department has the authority to require income withholding from all applicable parties.

This method requires the non-custodial parent’s employer to withhold funds directly from the party’s wages in much the same way that income taxes are withheld. Employers are then directed to send these funds to the State Disbursement Unit for disbursal to the custodial parent.

Other methods that the state can use to enforce a child support order are federal and state income tax offsets, passport denial, liens on personal property, bank account levies, suspension or revocation of driver’s license or personal licenses, court ordered fines, full collection services by the IRS, and credit bureau reporting.

According to federal child support laws, all states are required to report delinquent non-custodial parents to the credit bureaus. The Oklahoma child support law that mandates this requirement is found in 42 U.S.C. (a) (7).

Non-custodial parents that are called to or on active duty in the nation's armed services are given an additional two months grace period. This allows the military to get the party’s income withholding order in place.

Interstate Child Support
For families where one party (either the custodial or the non-custodial parent) lives in another state, the Oklahoma child support enforcement staff can work hand in hand with comparable child support agencies in other states to ensure that child support orders are established and enforced. In addition, you do not have to be an Oklahoma resident to apply for child support services in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma’s Most Wanted
Oklahoma keeps a “Most Wanted” list of non-custodial parents that are in arrears with their child support payments. Each local field office determines which individual is a candidate for the Most Wanted Program. The state’s Special Investigation Unit then reviews the candidates from each office to select those that appear on the list and on their website (see details below).

There are two requirements for placing an individual on the “Most Wanted” list: there must be an outstanding warrant for the individual and the local field office must have made all possible efforts to locate the individual.

Native American Child Support Services
In the State of Oklahoma, some child support cases fall under the jurisdiction of the Chickasaw Nation Child Support Enforcement Department. This office provides child support services to Native American children. With two offices located in Ada and Owasso, Oklahoma, the Chickasaw Native Child Support Enforcement Department establishes paternity, locates non-custodial parents, and modifies and enforces tribal orders using the Court of Indian Offenses and tribal courts.

This office works hand in hand with the Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement office to ensure that all children receive the appropriate financial and medical support. The Chickasaw Nation Child Support Enforcement Department provides child support services to the following tribes: Chickasaw, Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw, Seminole, Sac and Fox, Absentee Shawnee, and Osage. Their contact details are as follows:

Chickasaw Nation
Department of Child Support Enforcement (CN CSE)
125 S Broadway
Ada, Ok 74820
Phone 580-436-3410 / Fax 580-436-3460
E-Mail: csed.Ada@okdhs.org

For More Information on Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement

Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement Division - Need help enforcing your child support? The Oklahoma Department of Human Services can help.

If you need a Lawyer? You can present your case to LegalMatch.com. There you will respond to lawyers who are willing to help you.The services is Free & Confidential. Find a Child Support Lawyer Now.

This website is here for the sole purpose of information on Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement only. In no way is this website for legal advice. Thank you for visiting my website.

Click here for related information on Oklahoma Child Support
Forums |Share This Site|Find a lawyer|State Child Support|
|Links |Child Support Laws