Paid my rears support

by Jeff
(Warner Robins, GA,USA)

I have to admit that I wasn't always on time because of some hardship I endured. I got behind on my child support because I was unemployed, nothing of no fault of mines. The companies that I was working for went out of business and were sold. I paid the rears when I finally got a stable job; the money was coming out of my paid check. My problem is that I went out to get a statement of how much was paid and how much was owed. Now according to the statement that they gave me using their figures, the child support is paid off. When I present this to my caseworker I was told that I had gaps in my payments which some of the gaps I prove that they still received payments according to my stubs. Now the statements did not show no interest added and when I ask to see the amount of interest added they could not produce any but the money is still coming out of my check. I have a hard time getting them to give me a hearing. Now that my daughter is now grown living on her own and have a very good job and the mother won’t help me get the payments stopped and she knows the money is paid off so how can I get some help to stop this. No lawyer will talk to me about this; they just say pay the money. I am not looking for sympathy and I am not looking for a reimbursement of money paid over just what is right.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support News.