Paying Child Support and cant see my child

by Christina
(New York)

I am a 26 year old single mother of 3. All 3 of my children have different fathers. I will be honest, I have had some problems, both mentally & legally, but I am trying to get my life back in order. I agreed to have my oldest child's father take care of her until I can get myself healed. My youngest's father has been a big part of my mental & legal problems, but he is from a strong Italian family and they have money to hire a lawyer. I have lost custody my of my youngest because I was not able to make to the Custody hearing or the Child Support hearings, so things were determined upon my absence. I am a waitress and make minimum waitress wage plus tips. I have been ordered to pay $468.00 bi-weekly. He was able to lie in court saying I make $1500.00 a week, how could they do that without a paycheck, as I hadn't gotten paid yet from my new job. So the support was based on this lie. They also said he was going to get my income tax, how can that be, when I have let him claim my youngest on his, so he can get the earned income. I still have one child with me, so how am I suppose to support him, give him a roof over his head, food on the table, clothes on his back etc. My youngest's father still lives with his parents, who are a teacher & a dr. He constantly threatens me via text & phone calls, saying if I give him the back support, $1000 or $2000, he will then think about letting me see my baby. I can not afford the type of lawyer he has, my parents certainly cant affort one either. They already help me out as much as they can. I just can't deal with his threats anymore and am ready to just give up my parental rights. I hope that by writing my story that this will teach just one person, no matter what, make your court dates, one way or the other.

Comments for Paying Child Support and cant see my child

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

seeing your kids
by: Anonymous

If you want to see your kid go to court for visitation. You can also modify the original support order and provide your paystubs.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to New York Child Support.