Texas OAG don't give a damn!

In the early nineties, I was dating a girl, who became pregnant. She left Texas and went to Illinois, where she gave birth to a baby girl.

She moved back to south eastern Oklahoma, and north central Texas. I had no idea where she was or how to contact her. However, she knew how to contact me even after I moved out of Oklahoma, as my parents have lived in the same house on the same street for over 30 years.

Well, In 2004, the mom got a divorce from her husband and called me out of the blue to be in our daughters life.

The next thing I knew I was being served in Florida, for a paternity test and child support. I would later learn, that she had someone else tested for paternity before me.

Child support is set, and I was also given 3 years worth of arrearages to begin with. In 2008, my daughter came to live with me in Florida.

Within a few months, we moved back to Texas. Because, she is living with me, Florida stops child support enforcement. Next thing I know, her mother shows up and local law enforcement makes my daughter leave with her mom. The next day, her mom calls for me to come get her. I did.

I filed a case with Texas child support enforcement. They never ever served her mom, said they could not locate her. Now, the daughter is over 21, married and about to deliver a child.

Well, in 2011, I begin receiving monthly statements from Texas for $30.00 per month, this was the amount Florida had set to go towards the arrearages. As well, they sent this to my employer.

Not having the thousands to hire an attorney, I let it go on, at $30.00 per month. Then the state of Texas, took it upon themselves to change to $500.00, without even notifying me that there was going to be or that there had been a review for modification.

I go to the child support office in Plano, TX, and get this changed back.

Recently, in March of 2014, I received a letter from the OAG, that I needed to make a large payment. I contacted them and WE agreed to increase the monthly amount to $100.00. So that has been paid thru payroll deduction without fail.

I was recently injured at work, thus causing me to be out for an undetermined amount of time. Well, when I informed the insurance company that I do pay child support. Well the order they received from the OAG is to pay over $1000.00 per month.

When I called them to discuss, the lady on the phone simply said "we can take up to 50% if we want".

It is beyond me how, on a whim, someone can just change an order anytime they want without notification. There is a process that is suppose to be followed anytime there is to be a modification.

However, we just found out that the case was suppose to be closed back in 2008, due to the custody change. So I am now looking for an attorney to help get this mess straightened out.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Fathers Rights.