Comments for What's a father to do

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 19, 2009
You need a written order
by: PuebloNative

`Hey man:

I hate to say this to you, but as long as you have this informal child support agreement between you the greater chance that she can take you over the woodpile for child support. You need to go to court to get a custody and child support order. I hate to say this because of my own contentous relationship with our wonderful CSE system (and I say that with a ton of scorn), but the family court system does not recognize ANY payment outside of their bounds. They will consider all of those money orders you sent "gifts" and may even order back child support. Try to contact a lawyer and get any proof of payment that you have. At the very least, you need to get a written order for child support between you and you need to document every payment between you. Mark "For Child Support" in the memo field. and keep records of those money orders. Get that order set up and don't let her rake you over the coals like this.

John Meyer

Click here to add your own comments

Return to What's a father to do .

Return to Georgia Child Support.